About The Villas at Cocoplum and the Placencia Peninsula
Formerly named Cocoplum now called Naia Resort and Residences, is situated on the Placencia Peninsula at Mile 17 1/2, just South of Maya Beach – a quiet settlement which has a few great restaurants and bars as well as a larger supermarket. Naia Resort and Residences is a secured residential development with beautiful landscaping amidst natural mangrove lined water ways and part of it are The Villas At Cocoplum and the Naia Spa Resort.
The peninsula is a very narrow sandy stretch about 20 miles long with access to the Caribbean Sea and the Placencia Lagoon, starting with the settlement of Riversdale on the top of the peninsula, then Maya Beach, Seine Bight Village and Placencia Village at the Southern tip.
Placencia Village is a pretty Creole town with lots of restaurants, bars and shops. You can either get there by renting a car, bike, take the local bus or grab a taxi. Seine Bight Village offers you an insight in Garifuna culture and you can try some Garifuna dishes. If you are interested in learning more about the Garifunas click here.
What can you do in or around The Villas at Cocoplum &The Placencia Peninsula?
There is so much to do…
- Never seen a whale shark? Between March and June the giants come and visit Gladden Spit
- Not a diver yet? Courses are offered!
- Swimming - Enjoy the pool or the local beach with our private dock
- Visit Cockscomb Basin and other nature reserves
- Do a Monkey River and Manatee tour
- Visit the Mayan ruins
- Visit caves and do some cave tubing
- Ziplining is a lot of fun too!
- Need more relaxation? Get a massage or a spa treatment
- Visit a local farm eg spice farm
- Watch the wildlife - you can do that by just sitting in the garden
- Rent a car and explore yourself the beauty of Belize
- Volley Ball
- and much more