We are so happy that you have chosen to stay with us.
The Villas at Cocoplum strive to obtain a safe, healthy and clean environment for our guests and also for our staff. Belize has introduced the “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition Program for hotels, restaurants and tour operators, which the Villas at Cocoplum achieved. This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors and procedures to ensure both employees and travelers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product. Some of these new standards include:
- Social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces
- Hand sanitizing stations across the property
- Enhanced room cleaning and increased sanitation of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Health checks for guests and employees
- Designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
After your booking, please reach out to us if you have questions about your stay, tours, or anything you might want to know about Belize and especially the Placencia Peninsula.
During this initial phase, visitors to Belize will have to remain on the property. You can enjoy the varied amenities of the property. We want you to see and do as much of the local activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Although you won’t be able to explore on your own, we can arrange guided tours for you with our approved Gold Standard Tour Operator.
We practice a contact-less check-in to ensure your own and our safety. However, we are required to measure your temperature on arrival. We will be waiting for you at the property. Here is our phone number 00501-607-7970 (also WhatsApp). If you are delayed or anything happens on the way, please just call/text/message. If you cant get a connection try to use 011-501-607-7970.
You will find your unit open with the keys inside. Please make yourself comfortable and check the provided information on the kitchen counter top.
If you have not done it yet, you will fill in the health questionnaire provided in the set of the online documents.
If any questions or concerns arise during your stay, Herbert is available between 8am and 10pm via WhatsApp/phone 00501-607-7970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer all your questions.
Enjoying the Villas
While we try to offer you a most relaxed stay and almost “normal” conditions, you as guests have to obey the government regulations in fighting COVID-19.
During this initial phase, visitors to Belize will have to remain on the property. Our property offers amenities such as a pool, hot tub, pier, beach volley ball, a cornhole game, kayaks, paddleboards and fishing.
The condo has a full kitchen and we will make the provisioning for you. We also can arrange food deliveries from local restaurants.
We want you to see and do as much of the local activities in our beautiful country, during your visit. Although you won’t be able to explore on your own, we can arrange guided tours for you with our approved Gold Standard Tour Operators. Please let us know what you’re interested in doing and seeing while in country and we can arrange this for you.
Following rules are set on the property of The Villas at Cocoplum:
- You will have to remain on the property at all times, except when you go on a licensed tour
- Social distance (minimum of 6 feet) at all time to other guests or groups of guest and the staff
- Wear a face mask when you are outside of your unit or your unit´s veranda
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the property
- While swimming, do NOT wear a mask, it can lead to drowning
- Do not relocate any furniture at the pool or pier. They have been laid out to be placed 6 feet apart from each other
- Do not use the hot tub when other parties are in it already. Use the hot tub only with members of your party
- Keep interaction with staff to a minimum
- If you or a member of your party experience any unwell-being please let the management know immediately
The condo does have a full kitchen. For a fee of USD 25 per shopping trip we offer provisioning, additional to the food costs. Furthermore, you have the option of pre-cooked meals for easy re-heat at your own convenience.
We also work with local restaurants for food deliveries if you dont want to cook.
- Hungry Gecko – Belizean food – click here to get information
- Maya Beach Bistro – the most famous restaurant in the area – click here to order online
- Jaguar Lanes – good pizzas – click here to get information
Restaurants, tours and excursions
In the initial phase you have to remain on the property and you are not able to go to restaurants. However, restaurants will do food deliveries.
Tours and excursions:
For tours and activities, you must also use an approved tour operator who has received the Gold Standard Certification. Additionally, you will be required to adhere to certain protocols and guidelines such as checking in on the Belize Health app on a daily basis, and wearing masks in public. There are new capacity restrictions that have been identified for all tourism sites to ensure social distancing can be maintained and smaller groups will provide a more intimate tour experience.
We work with the following licensed Tour operators:
- Mother Nature Tours – fishing tours
- Truly Wild Belize – land tours such as Mayan ruins
- Trip´n Travel – land tours such as Mayan ruins
Super easy :-). Please just leave the keys in the unit and lock the door´s handle lock.
Even times have changed, we hope at that point, that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest.
What if I catch Covid?
The Villas have prepared a Response Plan. This plan describes the necessary steps which we, as hosts, have to set in order to dealing with the situation. This includes to inform the authorities and to keep everyone on the property safe.
In the unlikely event that you get infected with Covid-19 this plan will come into place. You will have to quarantine in the unit you are booked in with the members of your group. This means that you cannot leave the unit. We will make sure that you have all provisioning needed. If you need to stay longer than you are booked, these additional days will have to be paid by you, the guest/s. Therefore we strongly recommend a travel insurance.